Thursday, May 29, 2014

Memeories Of My Past 25 Year Old Bride



On June 21, 1997  I was slow dancing with my beautiful 25 year wife in an empty knights of Columbus Hall to Bruce Springsteen’s “Secret Garden” She wore a beautiful long white wedding dress that really showed off her cute figure and I had a black tuxedo on. My friend Michael and the DJ were the only ones left.  Michael disappeared into the kitchen to let us have our moment. The DJ was the only one to witness our love and a moment I will never forget.
It is now 2013 and that beautiful wife is gone.  There wasn’t a physical death but an emotional, marital death. That young bride is older now but she is also gone.  I really noticed her disappearance at our last mediation. I intently observed her while she was talking to the mediator and there was nothing there that indicated she was the woman I loved  for 16 years.  There was an aura of insanity surrounding her.  I looked at her physical features.  I noticed that her nose seemed bigger and she had more haggard lines on her face and she was heavier.  She wasn’t an older, beautiful version of my 25 year old bride but a deformed doppelganger of her.  She was a devious, manipulative woman who’s only goal was to get what she wanted which was a new life that included her kids but not their father. I was just in her way. She proclaims that I frighten her. I believe that the reason for this proclamation is because I am not laying down in defeat.  I am actually showing some strength. That is what she is afraid of…that she will not get her way because I am not succumbing to her plans.  
I battle for our kids. I fight to make sure that I am a significant influence in their lives. That they have a dad despite that their parent are not together.  I also fight to bring stability to the chaotic life that their mother brings to their lives. I work two jobs so that I can create this stability.   I would never deny them access to their mother unless she proves to be totally unstable and threatening to them. 
I cry for our kids. My tears for my once beautiful bride have dried up a while ago. It saddens me that our kids have to go through this. I’m sure they wish their parents would just make up and get back together, that everything is better and back to what it used to be.  I know this because I have gone through it myself as a kid.  I eventual face the fact that my parents are not getting back together and that my life will be different for now on.  My life did get better and I did survive.  I trust and have faith that this will happen to our kids as well. 
This separation started out with only one person wanting to end our 15 years together. Now that I have been looking at everything from afar and in solitude, reflecting on my past life with her and the present. There are now 2 people in agreement that we cannot be together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment